May 2, 2008

Two Javelina at Pima Canyon - South Mountain

I had my alarm set to wake me up at 5:00 am and be on the trail at 5:15, but I forgot turn it on. Starring at my alarm clock at 5:20, I say to myself, "Am I supposed to be on the trail right now???". I scrambled outta bed so I could at least gets some goods in before I work. Upon rolling into the parking lot at 5:30 I saw a rather large animal scurrying behind a boulder, and I had a hunch it was a Javelina. I rolled a little closer, and yep it was. I hadn't seen any Javelina since last summer up on the Corona Loma trail at the other end of the park.

Javelina or Collard Peccary
aren't pigs, but the sure do resemble 'em.

I had my digi-cam with me, so I quickly grabbed it from the back of my car. I flipped it on, only to find I had no available memory left. I used it up on filming the sunrise on my previous post. I quickly deleted everything the drive, and started shooting. At this point I noticed it was a pair of Javelia, but I only had small glimpses of 'em.

Don't expect much, but here's a one minute vid:

No comments: