Sep 5, 2008

Harbor Days - 2008 Tugboat Races - Olympia, WA

My beloved wife and I headed back home to Olympia, WA for the Labor Day Weekend for a short visit to celebrate my dad's 75th birthday, to catch up with some friends and family, and to see some tugboats.

Olympia hosts the annual Harbor Days festival down on Percival Landing, which includes tugboat races on Budd Inlet. Good times. Big Brother Scott is an operator on a number of tugs, but today he was driving the Cedar King. The Cedar King which is still a working tug, routinely shuttle rafts of logs from out in the front of my Dad's condo, which overlooks the bay, over the the ships at the port of Olympia.

It was great to see everybody again. Loads of brothers and sisters, aunts and uncles and friends. And for 75, my old man is really enjoying life.

Happy Birthday Dad. We love you.

Here's a vid of the Tugboat Races:


A high res Quicktime version can be found here: Harbor Days 2008 Tugboat Races

Here's a vid my dad's Birthday Party:


A high res Quicktime version can be found here: Dad's Birthday Party

No comments: