Oct 25, 2011

Daily Double - Mountain Bike Ride and Kayaking

What better way to follow a most excellent kayaking trip on Canyon Lake yesterday, but with a most excellent ride on South Mountain's National couple with a http://www.blogger.com/img/blank.gifselhttp://www.blogger.com/img/blank.giff supported (bike shuttle) float down the Lower Salt River.

Knocking out two schweet adventures in a day is something you can do in Phoenix.

I split from Pima Canyon about 7:00 as the sun was just coming up, and the temps were primo for pedaling.

I actually had a pretty good climbing day up National, except I for being held back by a worn out cassette.

The ride back down I was just "feeling it" and the flow was good. It was so good, that hesitated to leave good flow to go find good flow, but I wanted to get some more water time in.http://www.blogger.com/img/blank.gif

So wrapped up my ride, headed home, unloaded the mountain bike, loaded up my wife's cruiser bike, loaded up the WW kayak, change my cloths and headed out to the Lohttp://www.blogger.com/img/blank.gifwer Salt River. I dropped off my kayak at the Lot #1 at the top, then shuttle my car back down to Granite Reef Dam, then shuttled the bike back to the top.

I was on the water about 12:00, and the flow was of the river was good.

The temps were plenty warm.

On my way down I came across several raptors, and even an owl hanging out on the banks at Coon Bluffs. That was pretty kewl. I also saw the smartest heron I have ever seen. What makes this heron so smart? Well instead of getting spooked and flying down river about 50 yards like most stupid pterodactyls do, only to get spooked again, and again. This one actually double back and flew back up river. Never to be hassled by me again.

I saw a few horses, and the loads of big fish.
It took me about 3 hours to get down to Granite Reef, but I did spend some time getting vid footage.. I was pretty fatigued after 20 miles of flat water paddling yesterday, about 20 miles of biking today and 12 miles on the river today.

Here is a vid of the day:




And here are a few pics:







2 comments:

chollaball said...

dayum Samay! that is about your best vid yet! my nipples are seriously hard. thanks for the, erm, well whatever it was...let's keep it on the down-low.

u2metoo said...

Thanks, Broseph. We gotta get your boat in water soon.